Reviewed on 23 November 2013
- Very Central Location and right on top of a MRT station
- THE TALLEST building in Singapore
- Premium Design and Architecture
- Fantastic views of the Singapore skyline
- Prices start from $2,900 psf
- 1 and 2 bedroom units do not have balconies
Sited right on top of Tanjong Pagar MRT station, the Clermont Residences is an ultra luxurious development by a subsidiary of GuocoLand under the Hong Leong Group. Its claim to fame is being the Tallest building in Singapore with the residences starting from 180m above sea level. We were really impressed by the location, development and the showflat. The only doubt we have is the price. Then again, you PAY for luxury.
Reviewed on 30 October 2013
- Very Good (geographically central) Location with great amenities (MRT station, Bus Interchange, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan Park)
- PSF pricing is lower than Sky Habitat development just next door
- Conservative design
- Limited facilities
- Large tracts of undeveloped land next to development which could turn up surprises in the future
Fantastic RCR(Rest of Central Region) location, combined with a large shopping mall and transport hub next door makes Sky Vue an appealing development both for investment/rental purpose and for your own stay. Watch out for the limited facilities and the large tracts of undeveloped land on its south and west face though!
Reviewed on 30 October 2013
- Near future Thomson MRT station (2020)
- Geographically central location
- Sited on elevated land and Tranquil location away from main road (Thomson Road)
- Good mix of units
- Hemmed in between Thomson View private development and Sin Ming Court HDB estate
- Road access could be a problem in future with increased traffic along Bright Hill Drive
Thomson Three is a property released in the geographically central Thomson area that has not seen new developments for quite some time. Located away from the main Thomson Road, it is in a quiet area which will attract buyers looknig for tranquility and also convenience However, potential buyesr must be aware of the narrow site that Thomson Three is sited on and choose your units carefully.
Reviewed on 15 August 2013
- Located in mature estate with lots of amenities
- Beautiful Development
- Good Site and Unit Layout
Located at the former Wing Tai Headquarters, it was previously a factory. In 2008, URA had reclassified the entire area, rezoning it from commercial to residential uses. We visited the show flat on 13th Aug; the first day of booking. Previous weeks of private previews have led to a jam-packed show house. We could hardly find a place to sit!
Continue reading here!
Reviewed on 06 August 2013
- Easy access to town via Expressway (for vehicle owners)
- Unblocked view
- Affected by Expressway noise and pollution
- Hard to reach bus stops and MRT stations
- Priced at the higher end compared to nearby private developments
- Multi storey carpark
Launched by Allgreen Properties Ltd, the site will consist of 1 26-storeyed blocks of 147 units. The units comprise of 1, 2, 3-bedroom and penthouse units starting from 9th storey upwards. There are some variations on the 1 and 2 bedroom units that also include study rooms. This development can boast an unblocked view for some of the higher level units!
- Spacious Kitchens
- Sea View
- Good building layout
- Far from MRT, at Pasir Ris
- Tiny Rooms
Vue 8 is the second property launch along Pasir Ris Drive 3. Following the moderate success of Stratum, which saw 75% of its units sold in the two months since 18 May, Vue 8 was launched over the weekend on 13 July. Of its 463 units, it sold only 50+ units on its debut weekend.
We were there on the first day to review the development and here's our take on it.
- Bigger units are efficiently designed
- Affordable psf pricing
- Not near MRT station
- Located at a far end of Singapore
- Unknown developer
With property prices hitting an all time high, it seems inevitable that developers and investors start to look further away from the central area and towards the outlying areas. Stratum is located along Pasir Ris Drive 3, which is (almost) at the eastern residential edge of Singapore. That is to say that travelling to town will be fairly time comsuming, regardless of the mode of transport.
- Developer history of protecting prices
- Beautiful interior and exterior designing
- Central location + Sea front living
- Public transportation access difficult
- Expensive pricing
- Expensive monthly maintenance
Just a few days ago, sales for the 366 unit Corals at Keppel Bay on plot 3 started.
We will take a look at this area, and explore the pricing strategy deployed by Keppel Land to maintain the pricing. Is Corals at Keppel Bay a keeper or..?
Do read on to find out!
- High Ceiling, good one bedroom layout
- Near to new MRT station
- Some units have zero view
- Remote location
- Crammed 2 and 3 bedroom units
Despite having 1098 square feet of space, we find the 3 bedroom unit crammed. We were looking for reasons why when we realised it was due to it having a huge balcony. Normally within limits that is tolerable, a big balcony affords a certain different kind of lifestyle. However in this case, due to an unexpected reason, that is not valid here.This leads us to reviewing Hillview Peak’s weirdest feature of all..
- Reasonably good location
- Near MRT
- Fair Pricing
- Too many units
- Lack of facilities/common space
- Multi-Storeys car park
- Mass Market Finishing
Car parks everywhere! We get outdoor carparks, basement carparks, as well as (gasp!) multi-storeys carparks! This sprawling development has so many car lots that it is hard not to see them everywhere..
Read more here!
- Slick Ferrari Concept
- Customizable Interior
- Good location
- Extremely Expensive Maintenance fees
- 99 years LH priced at a premium
There is no mistaking this: Ferra is designed to stand out. The building is gorgeous in design and looks almost like a modern art piece. Maybe it is. The curves of the building (the black building), with its tinted windows look exquisite. Very unconventional. However..
Click on to read more
Reviewed on 27 April 2013
- Fantastic Location
- Extremely Walkable to Somerset
- Quaint and Serene Neighbourhood
- Expensive PSF
- High Minimum Quantum
- Niche Targeted Market
- Loft Design not to everyone's taste
One of the best location we've reviewed. Located where MM Lee Kuan Yew stays, this neighbourhood is surprisingly serene and peaceful. Potential land value increase makes for a very compelling investment for the future. However, Lloyd Sixty Five is very expensive, and has priced itself out of reach of most normal folks. Also, it's double volume loft design attracts a very niche market, making it an even harder sell.
Click on to read our review!