Sales starting 18 July 2014.
- Short sheltered distance to Nicoll Highway Circle Line MRT station
- Integrated development means plenty of amenities
- Area has plenty of amenties
- Walkable distance to Bugis (but not as a daily affair)
- Pricier than Concourse Skyline next door
- Be aware of the crowds and traffic due to Golden Mile Tower and Complex
With the slew of TV advertisements promoting City Gate, we wonder how much the developers are paying for the marketing campaign. Be sure to visit the Concourse Skyline show suites to see if you can get a better bargain before you plonk your money down for a unit at City Gate.
The Crest residential project is in an interesting position. The site was won in September 2012 at almost the same price psf ppr as Alex Residences' site in Dec 2012. Alex Residences has gone on to sell out 90% of its first phase launch while the Crest has just launched in June 2014. Does it offer a compelling alternative to the high density developments that has been crowding Alexandra View next to Redhill MRT? Read on to find out our thoughts on this new upcoming project!
Showsuites open on appointment.
- Highly accessible CBD fringe location set in a very mature estate
- Excellent amenities and transport infrastructure
- Likely to be very pricey due to record land price
- There are viable freehold alternatives in the area
- Surrounded by equivalent height buildings
We really like the Highline Residences' location. Located in a very mature estate right at the city fringe, the amenities and transport links are great! In fact, we would be hard pressed to find an overall better location in Singapore for recent new launches. However, pricing is going to be a big issue for this development. Read on to find out more....
- Freehold, quiet location at the edge of Kovan
- Relocation of Paya Lebar Airbase and redevelopment of Defu area will increase value over long term
- Long walk to Kovan Central and other 'nearby' amenities
- Unrealistic pricing (based on indicative prices)
- Occasional aircraft noise till Paya Lebar Airbase relocates by 2030
The Trilive has nothing much that stands out to us except its freehold status. And that makes us further question its high psf pricing relative to even The Tembusu. Until the pricing drops to match that of The Tembusu, we would advise buyers to avoid the Trilive project for now.
- Unblocked Kallang Basin view
- True Riverfront living
- Slightly pricey on psf basis
- Lengthy 450 meters walk to public transport infrastructure
- Poor amenities in immediate vicinity currently
- Nearest to Pasir Ris Central and MRT amongst all developments at Pasir Ris Grove
- Good amenities and transport links
- Large land area
- Comeback of the planter boxes and bay windows from pre 2009 days
- Land lease starts from January 2008
- Bounded on two sides by heavily trafficked roads
- Fierce rental and resale competition in the future
The last amongst its CDL-developed brethren to be launched at Pasir Ris Grove, Coco Palms retains some negative legacies from the pre-2009 days when its land lease first started. Being the nearest condominium at Pasir Ris Grove to Pasir Ris Central, can its good location overcome its various shortcomings? Read on to find out more!
Reviewed on 30 April 2014
- Very private and quiet location deep inside the Faber Walk private estate
- Transport links are not as bad as what you would expect
- Good general layout of apartments
- The privacy and quiet comes at the cost of convenience
- The waterfront is just a river/canal
- Every unit gets a household shelter and TWO AC ledges
- Indicative pricing (from $1150 psf) seems a tad high for the location
The Waterfront @ Faber located at the edge of Clementi town is really for buyers who value privacy and quiet over convenience and buyers should not be expecting a beautiful waterfront as denoted by the waterfront name. Read on to find out more!
Reviewed on 15 April 2014
- Great city fringe location right next to Queenstown MRT station
- Likely to be first among many new developments in the area (First mover advantage, anyone?)
- Nearest amenities (Dawson Place, Mei Ling Heights) are some distance away
- The surrounding site areas are zoned residential which means the area could get crowded in the future (Look at Redhill MRT!)
- Really small bedrooms for smaller sized units
Even with the drawbacks we have mentioned, we believe Commonwealth Towers will do well since its location is really good (we have not seen such a good city fringe site for some time). Based solely on the strength of its location next to Queenstown MRT, Commonwealth Towers definitely has the potential to be a sell-out project, as long as the developer sets its asking prices reasonably.
Reviewed on 02 April 2014
- Prime location right outside of City area (next to Redhill MRT)
- 'Affordable' quantums considering its prime city fringe location
- Good amenities and transport links
- Lower quantums come at the expense of living space
- Over-sized balconies with small bedrooms
- High concentration of private projects in the immediate vicinity
Located at a very good city fringe location just a stone's throw away from Redhill MRT station and the amenities in the Redhill area, Alex Residences is the fourth project to be launched at this plot of land adjacent to Redhill MRT. And with more affordable quantums due to its smaller sized units, Alex Residences is mighty attractive to city fringe buyers (judging from the sales numbers).
Read on to find out more....
Reviewed on 27 March 2014
- Near St Nicholas Girls Primary School and future Marymount MRT
- Mature Ang Mio Kio estate with amenities nearby
- Good internal fittings (Marble flooring for living/dining)
- Pricey considering the district/location and market sentiments right now
- Not near AMK Hub/Ang Mio Kio Central/MRT
- Small bedrooms and wierd WC layout for 3 bedroom showflat
- TWO AC ledges for larger units!
The Panorama project is actually quite likeable with the panoramic views it will offer over the private estates to the development's north, south and west. Transport and amenities are reasonable as well. (not the best but not non existent as well) We should think the main issue is price / quantum. If priced in line with its location and current market expectations (based on neighbouring projects), we believe The Panorama will sell well..
Reviewed on 01 March 2014
- Located at fringe of Jurong Lake District
- Superb amenities within walking distance (Mature estate)
- Nearest MRT (Lakeside) is at least 500m away
- Lake view equates to MRT track noise
- Some of the bedrooms are (really) small
- Pricing seems to be slightly expensive to us
Following the very successful launch of J Gateway ($1,480 psf average) next to Jurong East MRT, MCL Land Ltd is launching the Lakeville project at Jurong West Street 41 along Boon Lay Way, located between Lakeside and Chinese Garden MRT, in the first week of April 2014. Comprising six 16-stories blocks, this project will be sure to attract keen interest from buyers looking to buy into the Jurong Lake District region. (last edit: 26 March 11:45am)
Reviewed on 22 March 2014
- Unblocked View over Tampines Quarry for units facing Tampines Avenue 10
- Peaceful and serene location near Bedok Reservoir
- Entire Paya Lebar Air Base area will be redeveloped in future (by Yr 2030)
- Good layout for most units
- Lack of amenities in immediate vicinity currently
- Nearest Tampines West MRT station is more than 1.3 km away
- 4 other private residential projects in the same area could depress rental yield / resale prices
The Santorini is launching in the western part of Tampines where there are already 4 other private developments (Q bay, Arc, Waterview and The Tropica) in the same vicinity. We would recommend this development only if you are a nature lover (both Bedok Reservoir and Tampines Quarry are great recreational nature areas) and/or can live with the farther distance of amenities and transport links until the area is further developed. If you can wait out its surrounding area to be further developed once Paya Lebar Airbase (Est. 2030) is relocated, the potential for capital appreciation could be impressive.