Reviewed on 01 March 2014
Following the very successful launch of J Gateway ($1,704 psf average) next to Jurong East MRT, MCL Land Ltd is launching the Lakeville project at Jurong West Street 41 along Boon Lay Way, located between Lakeside and Chinese Garden MRT, in March/April 2014. Comprising six 16-stories blocks, this project will be sure to attract keen interest from buyers looknig to buy into the Jurong region. Watch out for our upcoming review on Lakeville when the project is launched in the near future!
Reviewed on 27 February 2014
- Unblocked View over Tampines Quarry for units facing Tampines Avenue 10
- Peaceful and serene location near Bedok Reservoir
- Paya Lebar Air Base area will be redeveloped in future
- High land price could translate to high prices
- Lack of amenities in immediate vicinity currently
- Nearest Tampines West MRT station is more than 1.3 km away
Launching in a quiet enclave in the western part of Tampines, The Santorini is a project by MCC Land which saw a very aggressive bid price for the plot of land it is sitting on. It will be interesting to see the launch price in March and how the response will be like considering the cooling measures in place and also the fact that there are already 4 other condominium developments in the same area.
Reviewed on 27 February 2014
- Attractive pricing after the price reduction
- Excellent Location!
- Within 1km to top notch schools
- Reasonable distance to a great MRT station
We love the Ewe Boon Road neighbourhood, and think it sits on prime land in Singapore. There is really nothing much to fault in its location. Despite our general nervousness with developers dropping prices, we think..
Click on to read more
Reviewed on 06 February 2014
- Low Quantum (That seems to be the key nowadays)
- Riverside living
- Great rental potential from growth of Seletar Aerospace Park
- Well-sized units
- Poor transportation links currently
- No immediate future MRT station planned in the area
- Nearby amenities require a 200 to 400m walk
- Next to potential semi-expressway
With quantums starting from $488k for a 1-bedroom unit and $660k for a 2-bedroom, the Riverbank @ Fernvale is priced in the range of HDB upgraders looking for an idyllic riverside location. Being near Seletar Aerospace Park should help with the future rental yield as well. But do note that Rivertrees Residences is launching next door at the same time and there will be four private residential developments in the immediate vicinity of the Riverbank. Public transport infrastructure will also likely be an issue for some time.
Reviewed on 07 January 2014
- Quitet and peaceful residential location, suitable for its moniker of a retirement resort
- Highly accessible by public transportation
- 60 year lease: Low quantum / barrier for entry
- High PSF ($975 onwards) compared to surrounding freehold developments
- Less than one carpark lot for every two units in the development
- 60 year lease: Value will depreciate fast after just 30 years
Potential buyers should only buy The Hillford if they buy into the idea of a retirement resort. The 60 year lease is both a boon and a bane. Comparing on a per square foot pricing basis, The Hillford’s pricing is just barely competitive with its neighbouring freehold developments. However, those who intend to buy the project to stay in would find that the project offers a tranquil location which is well served by public transportation, though your choice of units may affect the degree of privacy you have inside your unit.
Reviewed on 23 November 2013
- Very Central Location and right on top of a MRT station
- THE TALLEST building in Singapore
- Premium Design and Architecture
- Fantastic views of the Singapore skyline
- Prices start from $2,900 psf
- 1 and 2 bedroom units do not have balconies
Sited right on top of Tanjong Pagar MRT station, the Clermont Residences is an ultra luxurious development by a subsidiary of GuocoLand under the Hong Leong Group. Its claim to fame is being the Tallest building in Singapore with the residences starting from 180m above sea level. We were really impressed by the location, development and the showflat. The only doubt we have is the price. Then again, you PAY for luxury.
Reviewed on 30 October 2013
- Very Good (geographically central) Location with great amenities (MRT station, Bus Interchange, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan Park)
- PSF pricing is lower than Sky Habitat development just next door
- Conservative design
- Limited facilities
- Large tracts of undeveloped land next to development which could turn up surprises in the future
Fantastic RCR(Rest of Central Region) location, combined with a large shopping mall and transport hub next door makes Sky Vue an appealing development both for investment/rental purpose and for your own stay. Watch out for the limited facilities and the large tracts of undeveloped land on its south and west face though!
Reviewed on 30 October 2013
- Near future Thomson MRT station (2020)
- Geographically central location
- Sited on elevated land and Tranquil location away from main road (Thomson Road)
- Good mix of units
- Hemmed in between Thomson View private development and Sin Ming Court HDB estate
- Road access could be a problem in future with increased traffic along Bright Hill Drive
Thomson Three is a property released in the geographically central Thomson area that has not seen new developments for quite some time. Located away from the main Thomson Road, it is in a quiet area which will attract buyers looknig for tranquility and also convenience However, potential buyesr must be aware of the narrow site that Thomson Three is sited on and choose your units carefully.
Reviewed on 15 August 2013
- Located in mature estate with lots of amenities
- Beautiful Development
- Good Site and Unit Layout
Located at the former Wing Tai Headquarters, it was previously a factory. In 2008, URA had reclassified the entire area, rezoning it from commercial to residential uses. We visited the show flat on 13th Aug; the first day of booking. Previous weeks of private previews have led to a jam-packed show house. We could hardly find a place to sit!
Continue reading here!
Reviewed on 06 August 2013
- Easy access to town via Expressway (for vehicle owners)
- Unblocked view
- Affected by Expressway noise and pollution
- Hard to reach bus stops and MRT stations
- Priced at the higher end compared to nearby private developments
- Multi storey carpark
Launched by Allgreen Properties Ltd, the site will consist of 1 26-storeyed blocks of 147 units. The units comprise of 1, 2, 3-bedroom and penthouse units starting from 9th storey upwards. There are some variations on the 1 and 2 bedroom units that also include study rooms. This development can boast an unblocked view for some of the higher level units!
- Spacious Kitchens
- Sea View
- Good building layout
- Far from MRT, at Pasir Ris
- Tiny Rooms
Vue 8 is the second property launch along Pasir Ris Drive 3. Following the moderate success of Stratum, which saw 75% of its units sold in the two months since 18 May, Vue 8 was launched over the weekend on 13 July. Of its 463 units, it sold only 50+ units on its debut weekend.
We were there on the first day to review the development and here's our take on it.
- Bigger units are efficiently designed
- Affordable psf pricing
- Not near MRT station
- Located at a far end of Singapore
- Unknown developer
With property prices hitting an all time high, it seems inevitable that developers and investors start to look further away from the central area and towards the outlying areas. Stratum is located along Pasir Ris Drive 3, which is (almost) at the eastern residential edge of Singapore. That is to say that travelling to town will be fairly time comsuming, regardless of the mode of transport.