Reviewed on 15 April 2014
- Great city fringe location right next to Queenstown MRT station
- "Low" land price could translate to "reasonable" asking prices upon launch
- Nearest amenities (Dawson Place, Mei Ling Heights) are some distance away
- The surrounding site areas are zoned residential which means the area could get crowded in the future (Look at Redhill MRT!)
Reviewed on 02 April 2014
- Prime location right outside of City area (next to Redhill MRT)
- Affordable quantums considering its city fringe prime location
- Good amenities and transport links
- Lower quantums come at the expense of living space
- Over-sized balconies with small bedrooms
- High concentration of private projects in the immediate vicinity
Located at a very good city fringe location just a stone's throw away from Redhill MRT station and the amenities in the Redhill area, Alex Residences is the fourth project to be launched at this plot of land adjacent to Redhill MRT. And with more affordable quantums due to its smaller sized units, Alex Residences is mighty attractive to city fringe buyers (judging from the sales numbers).
Read on to find out more....
Reviewed on 27 March 2014
- Near St Nicholas Girls Primary School and future Marymount MRT
- Mature Ang Mio Kio estate with amenities nearby
- Good internal fittings (Marble flooring for living/dining)
- Pricey considering the district/location and market sentiments right now
- Not near AMK Hub/Ang Mio Kio Central/MRT
- Small bedrooms and wierd WC layout for 3 bedroom showflat
- TWO AC ledges for larger units!
The Panorama project is actually quite likeable with the panoramic views it will offer over the private estates to the development's north, south and west. Transport and amenities are reasonable as well. (not the best but not non existent as well) We should think the main issue is price / quantum. If priced in line with its location and current market expectations (based on neighbouring projects), we believe The Panorama will sell well..
Reviewed on 01 March 2014
- Located at fringe of Jurong Lake District
- Superb amenities within walking distance (Mature estate)
- Nearest MRT (Lakeside) is at least 500m away
- Lake view equates to MRT track noise
- Some of the bedrooms are (really) small
- Pricing seems to be slightly expensive to us
Following the very successful launch of J Gateway ($1,480 psf average) next to Jurong East MRT, MCL Land Ltd is launching the Lakeville project at Jurong West Street 41 along Boon Lay Way, located between Lakeside and Chinese Garden MRT, in the first week of April 2014. Comprising six 16-stories blocks, this project will be sure to attract keen interest from buyers looking to buy into the Jurong Lake District region. (last edit: 26 March 11:45am)
Reviewed on 22 March 2014
- Unblocked View over Tampines Quarry for units facing Tampines Avenue 10
- Peaceful and serene location near Bedok Reservoir
- Entire Paya Lebar Air Base area will be redeveloped in future (by Yr 2030)
- Good layout for most units
- Lack of amenities in immediate vicinity currently
- Nearest Tampines West MRT station is more than 1.3 km away
- 4 other private residential projects in the same area could depress rental yield / resale prices
The Santorini is launching in the western part of Tampines where there are already 4 other private developments (Q bay, Arc, Waterview and The Tropica) in the same vicinity. We would recommend this development only if you are a nature lover (both Bedok Reservoir and Tampines Quarry are great recreational nature areas) and/or can live with the farther distance of amenities and transport links until the area is further developed. If you can wait out its surrounding area to be further developed once Paya Lebar Airbase (Est. 2030) is relocated, the potential for capital appreciation could be impressive.
Reviewed on 27 February 2014
- Attractive pricing after the price reduction
- Excellent Location!
- Within 1km to top notch schools
- Reasonable distance to a great MRT station
We love the Ewe Boon Road neighbourhood, and think it sits on prime land in Singapore. There is really nothing much to fault in its location. Despite our general nervousness with developers dropping prices, we think..
Click on to read more
Reviewed on 24 February 2014
- Fantastic Central Location with excellent transportation links
- Fantastic views of Marina Bay from south face
- Full range of amenities in the area
- Likely to be very very pricey
If priced correctly, the South Beach Residences would definitely be snapped up. However, we do wonder about the allure of $3,000+ psf luxury properties right now considering the lacklustre response to the Clermont Residencs which is targeted at the same clientele.
Reviewed on 06 February 2014
- Low Quantum (That seems to be the key nowadays)
- Riverside living
- Great rental potential from growth of Seletar Aerospace Park
- Well-sized units
- Poor transportation links currently
- No immediate future MRT station planned in the area
- Nearby amenities require a 200 to 400m walk
- Next to potential semi-expressway
With quantums starting from $488k for a 1-bedroom unit and $660k for a 2-bedroom, the Riverbank @ Fernvale is priced in the range of HDB upgraders looking for an idyllic riverside location. Being near Seletar Aerospace Park should help with the future rental yield as well. But do note that Rivertrees Residences is launching next door at the same time and there will be four private residential developments in the immediate vicinity of the Riverbank. Public transport infrastructure will also likely be an issue for some time.
Reviewed on 07 January 2014
- Quitet and peaceful residential location, suitable for its moniker of a retirement resort
- Highly accessible by public transportation
- 60 year lease: Low quantum / barrier for entry
- High PSF ($975 onwards) compared to surrounding freehold developments
- Less than one carpark lot for every two units in the development
- 60 year lease: Value will depreciate fast after just 30 years
Potential buyers should only buy The Hillford if they buy into the idea of a retirement resort. The 60 year lease is both a boon and a bane. Comparing on a per square foot pricing basis, The Hillford’s pricing is just barely competitive with its neighbouring freehold developments. However, those who intend to buy the project to stay in would find that the project offers a tranquil location which is well served by public transportation, though your choice of units may affect the degree of privacy you have inside your unit.
Reviewed on 23 November 2013
- Very Central Location and right on top of a MRT station
- THE TALLEST building in Singapore
- Premium Design and Architecture
- Fantastic views of the Singapore skyline
- Prices start from $2,900 psf
- 1 and 2 bedroom units do not have balconies
Sited right on top of Tanjong Pagar MRT station, the Clermont Residences is an ultra luxurious development by a subsidiary of GuocoLand under the Hong Leong Group. Its claim to fame is being the Tallest building in Singapore with the residences starting from 180m above sea level. We were really impressed by the location, development and the showflat. The only doubt we have is the price. Then again, you PAY for luxury.
Reviewed on 30 October 2013
- Very Good (geographically central) Location with great amenities (MRT station, Bus Interchange, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan Park)
- PSF pricing is lower than Sky Habitat development just next door
- Conservative design
- Limited facilities
- Large tracts of undeveloped land next to development which could turn up surprises in the future
Fantastic RCR(Rest of Central Region) location, combined with a large shopping mall and transport hub next door makes Sky Vue an appealing development both for investment/rental purpose and for your own stay. Watch out for the limited facilities and the large tracts of undeveloped land on its south and west face though!
Reviewed on 30 October 2013
- Near future Thomson MRT station (2020)
- Geographically central location
- Sited on elevated land and Tranquil location away from main road (Thomson Road)
- Good mix of units
- Hemmed in between Thomson View private development and Sin Ming Court HDB estate
- Road access could be a problem in future with increased traffic along Bright Hill Drive
Thomson Three is a property released in the geographically central Thomson area that has not seen new developments for quite some time. Located away from the main Thomson Road, it is in a quiet area which will attract buyers looknig for tranquility and also convenience However, potential buyesr must be aware of the narrow site that Thomson Three is sited on and choose your units carefully.